I joined Rebellion at the beginning of June 2015 and my time there has been spent developing Sniper Elite 4.
Once I had joined the team I spent the first week getting learning Rebellion’s internal tools and their processes. Following this I was moved onto the main game and given a level. Tasks included:
- Taking a level from very early whitebox to final whitebox stages
- Sorting feedback and iterating upon suitable feedback
- Placing cover and AI with suitable patrol paths along with implementing objectives
- Working closely with a multiple artists (Both off and on-site) to ensure dressing is suitable
- Liaising with code and other teams to implement core gameplay features within the level
- Play testing other team members levels and providing feedback
- Preparing my level for a large gaming expo demo
- Beginning research on a DLC level and creating said level
The above screenshot is a promotional screen from my level which can also be seen from 32 seconds onwards in the below video:
Sniper Elite 4 is due for release in 2016.